HPCS U.S. Projects, St. Teresa of Avila Roman Catholic Church

Washington, D.C. (1879)

 

 

The Building: Saint Teresa of Avila is the Mother Roman Catholic Church of Southeast Washington, DC. The St. Teresa of Avila parish was formed when a need for a church east of the Anacostia River became evident to a growing Uniontown community.

 

Built in 1979, the building features a beautiful mural painted on a dome comprised of plaster on wood lath.

 

Project Synopsis: many parts of the mural were peeling, and the plaster-on-wood lath ceiling dome was in poor condition. John Tiedemann Inc. assigned one of its artisans to repair and repaint the decorative finishes on the mural while the HPCS three-step treatment system was used to consolidate the plaster-on-wood lath ceiling dome.

 

 

 

 

+ SHARE via EMAIL

 

PRODUCTS USED:
CO R-100 ConsolidantCO R-100 Consolidant™