HPCS U.S. Projects, St. John's Episcopal Church

St. John's Episcopal Church (1752)

    

Yonkers, New York (1752)

 

 

The Building: This historic church in the Getty Square neighborhood of Yonkers was originally constructed in 1752, with an addition in 1859 and modifications to the facade in 1874 by noted architect Edward Tuckerman. It is constructed of rough gray fieldstone with red brick on the corners. It is cruciform in plan, three bays wide, with a slate-covered gable roof. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982.

 

Project Synopsis: An assessment of the plaster-on-wood-lath revealed severe deterioration typical in a building this old. HPCS USA was retained to consolidate the plaster in the main knave ceiling, the proscenium arch walls and the arch itself. All of this consolidation treatment was administered remotely using the HPCS Remote Consolidant Applicator.

 

St. John's Episcopal Church interior
 

 

 

 

+ SHARE via EMAIL

 

 

 

PRODUCTS USED:

CO S-20 Primer™ CO S-50 Primer™ CO R-100 Consolidant™ AD Premixed Adhesive
CO S-20 Primer™ CO S-50 Primer™ CO R-100 Consolidant
AD Premixed Plaster Lug and Key Replacement™
TOOLS USED:
Remote Consolidant Applicator